AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody know a source for this old Guernsey cow and bull picture?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Red Paint
Posted 10/11/2018 07:46 (#7039893)
Subject: Anybody know a source for this old Guernsey cow and bull picture?

SW “Ohia”
Hello All,

This photo of a Guernsey cow and bull has hung on the wall in my grandfathers tobacco stripping room for as long as I can remember. It is large and printed on some kind of fiberboard backing. Unfortunately years in the humidity have taken their toll and caused it to warp and start to come apart. I’d like to find a source for it, if possible, to at least know where I might be able to get the artwork to have a print made. Want to hang it in my office in my new house. (I know it’s a long shot.)

I found a seller on eBay listing an “aged” tin sign with the photo on it, but he doesn’t have know info about it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/201875050014

Could it have come from Hoard’s Dairyman magazine? Hoard’s “Foster Mothers of the Human Race” painting showing the different dairy breeds has always hung next to it and is printed on the same material backing.

Grandpa was in the dairy industry for over 40 years as a cooperative field man, but none of his shippers had Guernseys in the later years. He always said they were sickly cows that had lost a lot of their health attributes over the years as they were bred specifically for butterfat production and the show ring. Anybody on here milk them?

Edited by Red Paint 10/11/2018 07:48

(EC009DBF-1CDF-4A3C-BF52-90DEBE02961D (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments EC009DBF-1CDF-4A3C-BF52-90DEBE02961D (full).jpeg (131KB - 112 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)