AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter monitor options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

juiceman
Posted 10/9/2018 23:20 (#7037286)
Subject: Planter monitor options

I had a case 1200 planter in a NH t8.300. Ran a pro 700 with airclutches and factory autosteer. Trading for a White planter. It has air clutches, gen 1 20/20, foldbox, and a really small AGCO monitor. The previous owner ran a FM-1000 to control his clutches but is keeping it. He used the agco monitor to drive his hydraulic drive.

I'm used to running everything with one monitor. not sure why 4 boxes are needed to do one thing but whatever. I variable rate my corn and plan to continue to do so. Would like something that is not some McGuyvered mess. Salesman called Trimble rep and ran down a few scenario's. I also chatted previously with a precision dealer and a local trimble dealer.

Option 1. Trimble rep said run shutoffs on pro700 through virtual terminal. Needs two unlocks. One was $750, other was $800. Can't remember what they were but after getting off the phone the salesman said i may have already have those unlocks. Also said i would need a harness adaptor to split the ISOBUS connector.

Option 2. Upgrade to gen 2 20/20. Precision dealer said $9500. Could use monitor in combine for fieldview. Have never ran that or any 20/20 before so not keen on this option.

Option 3. Was talking to trimble dealer few weeks ago about some sort of automated ditching control for a scraper. Talked about FM 1000 complete with rtk, upgraded my receiver to a 372 and whatnot. $10,500 complete. Also said it would control shutoffs and i could take this setup and use it in RoGator to feed it an rtk signal.

Knowing these options, was wondering about trying to possibly finding a fm1000 to start out on and possibly upgrade later to a full fledged ditching setup. Was also curious on the newer TMX-2050 or other's thoughts on how much of a run around it would be to run shutoffs through pro700. Thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)