AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere Error Messages
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

1800swath
Posted 10/9/2018 20:01 (#7036743)
Subject: John Deere Error Messages

Fulton County Ohio
I have experienced several error messages on my 2630 display, which operates with a 6000 receiver. The globe failed to download the correct software this spring, even though I received a message saying it was successfully completed. That created some unrelated issues with guidance this spring. I took both to the dealer after failing to correct the issue myself. I had used several memory sticks with the same results. My desktop said my software was up to date. The dealer was unable to correctly load the software with his memory sticks or mine. John Deere was unable to provide a solution. I left the unit with the dealer who somehow was able to load the current software when a new version was released.

During the spring I was told the error messages I was receiving were problems with a John Deere update and would be corrected with the next update.

I get my equipment back and the error messages return. No ethernet and no wi-fi. My planter does not have wi-fi. It makes me wonder if some of the other information and error messages are glitches. One being the fertilizer sensor is constantly failing, according to the error message. They don't give those away.

I now am told these are known problems with the John Deere system. There will be no more updates to the 2630. Buy a new system if I am tired of the error messages.

What the heck? Didn't I pay for a working system. Didn't Deere have ample opportunities to correct the problem. Why do we let them get away with selling faulty product and never fixing it, just offer replacement product at new price?

This all started with an 1800 display that Deere said was very capable of operating the planter. The dealer later said to correct issues I needed to trade for a 2630. Granted the 2630 is a nice improvement over the 1800, but the 1800 was sold as an ample option. Now with the same planter the 2630 is not doing the job and there are no corrections planned, just the option to buy new a third time.

Am I asking too much out of Mother Deere? I ask for a product that will do what you tell me it will do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)