AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interfacing FM750 to a Pro 700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

blkonred
Posted 9/14/2018 17:54 (#6988195)
Subject: Interfacing FM750 to a Pro 700

I have a project looming, here is my scenario. I have an FM750 currently hooked up with an EZpilot for steering guidance. We have bought a 1240 planter and I bought a Pro700 to use as a monitor. Already knowing the 750, and wanting to keep it in the tractor to use in other applications besides planting, I simply want to interface the 2, pulling GPS data from the 750, and to the 700 so I don't have to install any more equipment. I asked around and have read that others have done this, but have not found specific pin-outs to do so. I have an avionics backround, so RS232 isn't new. I am pretty sure I ought to simply be able to run a RS232 line and ground from the 750 to the 700.

Correct me if you see errors, but from what I gather I can use Port A on the 750 (port B has the EZ pilot) pin 4 RS232 TX, and pin 5 RS232 Gnd. I have found basically nothing on pinouts on the 700, anyone have knowledge on the RS232 RX and RS232 Gnd for that? I do have a new CIH harness for the 700, and I would think I could simply tap the 232 & ground onto it?

I am also new to a 700, I think all it needs is GPS speed to calculate seed population? I won't use it for mapping.

Hopefully some knowledge out there!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)