AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PNW Soybean No bid.. collusion?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 9/13/2018 23:24 (#6987097)
Subject: PNW Soybean No bid.. collusion?

One of my email buddies today put forth the argument that..

"The PNW exporters have played this game in our regional wheat market.  Now they are playing it elsewhere.  They see an opportunity to spook the market and get some commodity.  I'm guessing they think the justice department is too occupied with politics..

The exporters act in concert, it's always a surprise, and creates a lot of fear in the markets.  In our area it was often when supplies were low just before harvest , and they didn't want to pay up.  Under those circumstances I took it as a signal prices were going to go higher after the hubbub.

These circumstances (soybeans) are different but it's the same game.  Increasing the margin - and it's a cheap way to do it.  I know the PNW exporters have been buying upper Plains elevators for.. (awhile.) "

hmmm.. 

I hadn't really thought of it that way.. however, given that 235,960 mt's of last weeks soybean shipments of 924,839 mt's or 26% left the country THROUGH PNW ports.. 

( https://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/wa_gr101.txt )  

it does beg the question:  Why all the reports of No bids?

Are we experiencing our little version of the Brazilian Truckers strike before harvest?

Furthermore, is it an orchestrated attempt by buyers to beat down the market?

aka collusion?

What say you?

I thought it was at least worthy of a post about it.. for the record.

hmmm...

Maybe Team Trump should focus a little attention at the situation...??

Edited by JonSCKs 9/13/2018 23:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)