AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

California fires
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

trakman
Posted 8/10/2018 07:21 (#6921500)
Subject: California fires

Central Kansas
We have DIRECTV and are able to watch the three TV networks from both New York and Los Angeles. Every morning, over coffee and my breakfast biscuit, I watch the West Coast news. The fires around Los Angeles are top news stories in that area. Seeing the big aircraft dropping fire retardant and the water dropping helicopters makes me wonder how many millions of dollars the cost is just for these services, let alone the fire personnel on the ground. I wonder to how much the fire retardant cost per gallon or pound, however they sell it?

I feel sorry for the people that are in the path of these fires, their homes and all there belongings. Here in Kansas, tornadoes are my biggest fear, but they are only a few yards wide and hopefully they go around you, some do, some don’t, I can speak from experience in 2008. Just think of these fires as a tornado miles and miles wide and never stops and goes on 24-7!......and this one was set by an arsonist who told a neighbor, this all will burn some day..... ironically his home was only one left standing in his area. Currently in jail, won’t come out of his jail cell and held on $1 million bail.

Just my thoughts for this morning, heading out to spend the day in my tractor preparing wheat ground for planting in Kansas. Got to feed the world and luckily no smoke coming over the hills!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)