AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agra-GPS Bridge & JD Greenstar steering in non JD tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

case14
Posted 7/1/2018 19:11 (#6844916)
Subject: Agra-GPS Bridge & JD Greenstar steering in non JD tractors

MN
Who out there has had some good experience using Agra-GPS' Bridge that allows you to run a JD Greenstar steering system in a Challenger MT765B, C, or D model? I would like to hear your feedback about your experiences. I spoke to one person about it and would like to hear from others. How does the system engage on the line? Using RTK, can you get it to perform consistently sub 1"? Tuning to high performace? Curved Lines?

Here is their website: http://www.agra-gps.com/

The Agra-GPS Youtube videos don't show anything but the tractors traveling on a straight AB Line.

Currently using Trimble FMX units on RTK, but want to be able to do custom work for JD Greenstar users. Trimble and John Deere don't seem to think this is a priority to make their lines read and write compatible with each other. Reading through some threads on the topic turned up some comments about JD actually having a firmware that worked to accomplish this, but it was never released publicly. I would hate to buy one of these Agra-GPS Bridge units and the Greenstar equipment and find out the performance really is only good enough for non repeatable tillage.

Edited by case14 7/1/2018 19:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)