AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Massey auto-guide 3000 problems persist
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 7/1/2018 08:10 (#6843835)
Subject: Massey auto-guide 3000 problems persist

northeastern Ohio
A little background first: bought a Massey 8670 in the fall of 2016. Bought a AGI-4 (Topcon) globe and tried to get the auto-guide to work, but did not have the right software. The brand new tech at the Massey dealer played with it all winter and finally got the right software from Agco to make it work. In the spring of 2017, Auto-Guide worked most of the time, but would go offline several times during the day. Talked with FUSE over the phone and they had me do hard resets and recalibrations every day to get it to work,,, but it would quit again the next day. Fall of 2017 for wheat planting it was the same story.

So I took it back to the dealer after planting to fix the cab suspension , a scv fingertip controller and this auto-guide issue. It was in their heated shop all winter and they did fix the fingertip controller and replaced a cylinder for the cab suspension. But the cab suspension issue came back as soon as I got it home. They then came to the farm and replaced two screws in the cab suspension valve block with updated screws and that fixed the suspension issue.

The Auto-Guide worked at times, but would quit randomly. It would give code 4012: Auto steering failed to engage because the steering subsystem is not detected. Or code 1054 steering subsystem in fault mode.

The light on the console rocker switch indicates that the steering system is engaged. Looking at the PVED valve, there are two led lights. The red light is lit, but the green light only comes on when the steering wheel is moved.

The tech came out again and took some readings on the wire harness leading to the PVED valve and is researching the issue. He thinks it is a possible wiring issue as he had one of the error codes come up when he was wiggling the wires (might have been a coincidence). PVED valve does not show up on his laptop when connected to the tractor.

AGCO tech rep called me and I described the problem to him. He thinks it could be the PVED valve and gave instructions to the tech to diagnose. This was done on Tuesday of this past week and I have not heard back since then.

When the system is working, the steering icon will be white when disengaged and green when engaged. However, when it starts acting up, the white icon will occasionally flash red. When not working at all, it will stay red.

I read the troubleshooting guide on the FUSE website: Shut down the system and then start the system again. If the error continues, inspect the wheel angle sensors, the cables, and the connections.

In my opinion, it is probably one of three things: wiring, PVED valve, or wheel angle sensor. Anyone else go through this issue and what was your solution??????
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)