AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lessons you don’t forget
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sand85
Posted 6/12/2018 18:16 (#6809079)
Subject: Lessons you don’t forget

C IL
I attended the opening of the IL state FFA convention today. Even 15-20 years later it is really powerful to hear see the blue jackets and official dress, listen to the speakers and awards, and see young people stand tall and look you straight in the eye. Very impressive.

I served as a volunteer judge for the IL Agri-science fair, which is sponsored by CF Industries. There were 72 young people who used their time and talent to present a poster and report on a research topic. Everything from yield trials to chemistry to butterfly habitat research.

There are a lot of sharp young people out there. There were some stronger and weaker entries, kids who understood the scientific method better than others, kids who had more perspective, more support, better able to understand the report requirements where most of the points are generated. All entries I saw were very good and all I saw could be expanded and enhanced for next year’s competition.

Many of them were grateful for even $100 worth of research supplies and time from teachers and experts that allowed them to conduct their research.

These kids are our future leaders and they have talent and potential.

The leadership lessons learned in 4-H and FFA carry on and on and on. Very glad my parents supported my participation.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)