AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FM-750 Field IQ - Trimble Replacement ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 6/9/2018 08:46 (#6802244)
Subject: FM-750 Field IQ - Trimble Replacement ?

I hooked our sprayer up to our 750 (Rate and Section control) last week and I've been having trouble with the Rate Controller being "non responsive" at times and it seems like when it is acting up and intermittently giving the "non responsive rate controller message" it also has trouble locking in on a rate, it goes too high, then over corrects and goes too low.

It seems like we have to mess around with it manually every time we stop spraying for any amount of time to get it working and then it will work fine for a couple hours while spraying out a tank full.

Yesterday after being aggravated yet again and wanting to get spraying done I unhooked the cable from the 750 and put the Raven 450 back in the cab.   Reason for doing this was to see if the problem was on the sprayer or in the 750.     Seemed to work fine with the Raven.

My question is, is it possible that the Rate control valve is getting sticky but the Raven 450 puts out more power and overcomes the stickiness?    Whereas the 750 doesn't put out enough power to get it moving?

Is there a setting somewhere in the 750 that changes how much power it puts to the flow valve?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)