AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Prevent Plant...... PP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ColrBlind
Posted 5/16/2018 10:36 (#6763130)
Subject: Prevent Plant...... PP

Couple things to keep in mind in regards to PP.

With the spring prices were they are, your payments will not be what they were a few years ago when the prices were higher. It is almost always better when you can get your crop planted.
---------BUT-- don't go getting your equipment stuck. you can claim PP on part of your field----------

--- 20/20 rule. you need 20 acres or 20% of your Enterprise/Optional unit to qualify. lesser of the 2.
-if you are EU or BU you can add acres together from different fields or sections to meet the 20/20 threshold
-corn pays 55% of your guarantee unless you bought the PF option to give you 60%
-soybeans pay 60% unless you purchased the buy up

One other thing that some agents/farmers sometimes miss is that if you have corn and beans side by side, in some cases you can call the wet spots in the bean field PP corn. Its a strange rule and doesn't always work but it is the rule.

Eligible acres, Irr/Nirr, crop rotation, new breaking, breaking alfalfa.... these can all effect your PP eligibility and payment

Prevent plant has a LOT of moving parts, if you have any questions I am more than willing to help, no strings attached. feel free to shoot me an email and we can talk about your situation.

Unfortunately some of my customers deal with PP all the time so I am very familiar with the rules.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)