AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starting from scratch- Yield Monitor for 9500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

2poor2bpicky
Posted 12/7/2017 12:48 (#6412573)
Subject: Starting from scratch- Yield Monitor for 9500

SC Illinois
I am looking hard at yield monitors (mainly used) and cant really make out what direction I should go. I would really like the capability to map and store data. I am well aware that the data is only as good as the person collecting it and what they do with it. So to keep it simple I am currently looking at keeping it for records, review areas of fields for comparison based on conditions, ETC. I would like the option to possibly variable rate via spreader at a later date and possibly run auto swath on sprayer in the distant future and maybe even autosteer (waas signal). I have no globe, display, radio, sensors, impact plate, ETC. at this point and am looking for some advise on starting from scratch. What is everyones opinion for the best entry level combo to start in that would allow me to expand on at a later date. I am interested mainly in getting impact sensor and moisture sensor w a display on combine first (that may or may not have the capability to map at present time) but have the ability to add a display (such as a Insight from Ag Leader), globe and input to turn mapping off and on on the endrows to start mapping. Where does a person even start? Will Ag Leaders old systems accept newer displays (Ex. say start with a PF3000 and add Insight later)? Can I even build off these old systems or will I be stuck in a rut? Where is the best entry bang for buck that leaves room to improve economically as one goes along? I am doing alot of digging but not coming up with solid answers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)