AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Transfering FmX display into rented tractor, is it feasible?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bluedog
Posted 11/12/2017 07:26 (#6359821)
Subject: Transfering FmX display into rented tractor, is it feasible?

Nebraska
I might need to rent a tractor for fall strip-till work. I burned out a clutch in the transmission of my TG255 last night. There isn't much blue equipment around here, and I just got my tractor back from the NH dealer(literally Friday night) and their shop is in disarray right now so I don't want to take it here. If I go to a CIH dealer, what does the tractor have to already have installed to easily move the display over? Is it even feasible? I'm guessing you are going to want to have a tractor with a Navcontroller already installed? Will my wiring harness work in a Red tractor that is set up for a Pro 600 display? I use RTK, with VRS cellular corrections, I'm not going to try to transfer the modem, I might get RTX instead. Does the RTX cost to unlock since I already have RTK unlocked, or is it just a subscription? Would I need to buy a whole year? or can I just get it for a month?

I need to RTK or RTX guidance and Field IQ to control my fertilizer.

Otherwise I might need to find a neighbor who hasTrimble with Field IQ, RTK and a high HP tractor. I know of one, but they are likely using theirs. I guess I could call.

I need to at least do my acres going to corn next year, which could take me about a week. The 10 day weather looks good here until Thanksgiving, but who knows if that will hold. I typically try and get done by then because that is when frost gets into the ground for the year. I doubt I'll get done this year if I wait for my tractor.

Should traded it off 2 years ago, now its been unreliable and i just put new tires on it year and a half ago......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)