AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 4020 24 volt system problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kversh
Posted 10/26/2017 07:42 (#6328149)
Subject: JD 4020 24 volt system problems

I am looking at a 4020 for a friend that has the 24 volt system, believe it is a 64 model, serial number just over 67,000. The problem was the lights didnt work. Found all the lights were burnt. they installed new lights and they of course, blew right back out cause they are getting 24 volts. I went and looked at it and now I am confused. I'm trying to get the battery connections hooked up correctly before anything else. Someone a long time ago took the positive from the right battery and hooked it with the negative from the left. The negative from the right goes to the solenoid and the positive from the left goes to the starter. Anything I have found shows both grounds going to the frame. I grounded the left hand battery to the frame but anytime I touch the right hand battery ground to frame the starter wants to spin. Also, there is fusable link anywhere I can find in the system, wasnt there supposed to be one on the right hand battery to ground? For protection that would burn up before the lights would blow? I understand 24 volt systems theory but I'm fighting myself now and need another opinion. Tia
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)