AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9400 tractor heater motor not functional/troubleshooting guess
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 9/27/2017 22:18 (#6275112)
Subject: 9400 tractor heater motor not functional/troubleshooting guess

just a tish NE of central ND
This is a heater and air conditioning system that can be put on to automatic control.Just more junk to go wrong.
The heater motor in the 9400 jd started acting strange, it will slowly start motion when you have the fan speed set on and turn on the key.The little "dot" light will momentairly and die. The fan will run slow and then stop but not together simultaneously with the little "dot light"..... if you click the key back on and off a half dozen or more times it may or may not start running up to speed. It seems to act like once it gets up to a certain rpms it gains power and will come up in speed and you think you have suceeded and the motor must be good and then all of a sudden it dies off.....It may run for a half hour, or it may run for 30 seconds, then you can repeat the proceedure and go through the motions and it may or may not work for a while. I have looked of the the fuses, there is a 40 amp fuse for that circut, so far I have only tapped on and felt the relay pannel but nothing changes by doing so and I feel no serious heating.. (relays are burried under the plastic so have to disasembel when I get round to it.)
>>>>>>>So, what is your experience with symptoms like these? Bad motor? Bad relay? Bad switches? other?
.I betting the blower motor is not just a simple DC motor like they once put in those things....
TIA

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 9/27/2017 22:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)