AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TELEMATICS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Land_Surfer
Posted 7/31/2017 09:50 (#6159150)
Subject: TELEMATICS

How many currently use a telematics system to: 1) transmit field / agronomic data between machine and office (farm, agronomist, seed rep, etc.) and/or 2) monitor (you and/or dealer service) machine performance / health / location remotely?

I am considering this technology and just read this morning about Trimble and CNH's latest compatibility venture enabling remote agronomic data sharing between their respective precision farming systems.

It seems there is more compatibility transmitting agronomic and field data between different brands of precision farming systems than there is remote sharing of proprietary machine (tractor, combine, sprayer) performance and health data. My farm has multiple brands of tractors, sprayers, combines, etc. and I don't want to have to have each of their brand's telematics system to access proprietary machine information remotely. I have a single brand of precision farming system that I use for all field documentation, planting, spraying/spreading and harvesting and I would like that system, or similar, to be able to do the same for my machinery performance and health data. Is there such a system? Multiple systems require greater learning curve to prevent confusion, as well as multiple service plans that are unable to be consolidated for discounts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)