AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ashley Furniture, Arcadia, WI
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 7/11/2017 19:57 (#6119700)
Subject: Ashley Furniture, Arcadia, WI

Coldwater, Michigan
So my wife had waited 38 years to replace the living room Sofa, and Love Seat. She retired a couple weeks ago and went to Ashley Furniture retail store in Ft Wayne, Indiana. Bought what was supposed to be Quality Sofa and Love Seat. Delivery to us in Michigan (1 hour away) would have cost around $100. I had business in Ft Wayne, so hey, we will take the trailer down and PU. Apparently that option is a common one. So we saved the money and I was on a business trip at the soils lab.
Went pu the goods last Wednesday afternoon (July 5th). Over the week end July 9th to be exact, I reached down on my RH side while reclined in the Love seat, found a nail sticking out that was rubbing the cloth every time someone moved forward or back with the recliner mechanism. I am concerned about ripping the cloth on that nail.
Monday night July 10th while my wife reclined on the Sofa a bolt fell out of the reclining mechanism. We are wondering now whether Ashley commonly builds that poor of quality, or whether we just got caught.
If I don't mind tearing the Sofa apart, I can probably fix it. If I don't mind getting a pair of pliers, I can probably pull the nail. But what does the nail hold? Can I put the sofa bad together properly?
So yesterday morning I called customer service in Ft Wayne like the back of the sheet instructed me to do. Since I picked it up, they would be glad to do warrantee work if I delivered it back to them in Ft Wayne ( 1 hour each way, get a trailer that is enclosed so it doesn't get wet if it rains). We live w/in an Ashley store area here in Michigan, but not a factory store.
I stated when they called us on the phone tonight (I called service department again this morning) that since it was an obvious defect from the manufacturing facility that maybe they should make the 1 hour drive (both ways) to fix it in my home. Pair of pliers, a nut to put on the Sofa mechanism, staple gun to tack the material back on after putting the nut on. Drive back home. All I got out of it was bring the Sofa and Love Seat to Ft Wayne and we will will fix it w/in a few days. Then we could drive back again!
I think I could fix it, but wanted to make sure they were aware of their QQQQQuality , or lack there of, so they could record that we had a problem in case we had issue in future. And if I fix it, am I accused of causing a future issue down the road.
I think they should at least offer to send their guy up here to fix an obvious manufacturing defect. And I would kindly offer to fix it, if it wasn't going to be an issue down the road. My wife has waited for 38 years to get a new set, and is totally devastated with the lack of Quality from these pieces of furniture from Ashley. Even if they fix it, when is it really going to fall apart?
Am I being unreasonable?

Bill Moyer

Edited by Bill Moyer 7/11/2017 20:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)