AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

335 with a 262 receiver and pro 700 steering erratic randomly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SoILL
Posted 4/20/2017 21:17 (#5974275)
Subject: 335 with a 262 receiver and pro 700 steering erratic randomly

Decided to update to omnistar this year for planting from waas and so far has been a pretty bad experience but not sure I can blame my troubles on the omnistar yet. Last few days when I make a turn on a headland and lock in auto steer it will just take off in another direction and it will show the icon on the map kind of at an angle of what things should be. Seemed like at first all I had to do was grab the wheel and it would get back online but now you have to shut tractor off and reboot then things will be fine for another round or so...sometimes more sometimes less. Switched back to waas and it seems to do the same thing. As for the omnistar goes it seems like I have reception as much as I don't have reception. Got trees lines on the edge of fields but never dreamed it would cause that much trouble. I'm a little sour about it because I wanted to go to rtx because I thought I had a 372 so we did the omnistar unlock on the receiver over the phone with my dealer then we couldn't get the rtx to unlock over the phone...long story short he came to the farm and realized I had a 262 and said all we can do is hp/xp. My understanding was you have a lot more satellites with rtx and wouldn't lose reception so easy.

Sorry for the long rant but I guess my main concern is getting the erratic steering fixed cause it's really slowing me down having to reboot every 10 minutes tonight. Thanks in advance. Also this is a 2010 Steiger 335
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)