AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Iowa state wrestling tournament-Nelson Brands
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 2/17/2017 07:33 (#5845439)
Subject: Iowa state wrestling tournament-Nelson Brands

Nelson is the junior Iowa City high son of U of I's Wrestling head coach, former Olympic gold medalist and world champion Terry Brands. Watched a short clip of his first round match yesterday. This kid is nothing short of amazing. In the first thirty seconds he scored four takedowns. He pounded his opponent 28-13. Going into the tournament he had 205 more takedowns for the season than the next place guy. That is an astonishing statistic. And he's doing it all by listening to his coach, not his Dad. Terry has said he wants him to do it on his own. I predict he has all the tools to be the next Cael Sanderson. The finals on Saturday night are going to be special. I sure hope that Cameron Beminio from Belmond prevails. There won't be a dry eye in the place if he does. His Dad is a former state champ. And also was a Des Moines Policeman who was so senselessly murdered by a crazed gunman this past year. He pinned his kid in the opening round. I'm praying and cheering for him. Going to be very emotional, that's for sure.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 2/17/2017 07:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)