AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think I'm done with New Holland
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

lfc
Posted 11/13/2014 11:42 (#4175331)
Subject: I think I'm done with New Holland

CT
I've posted here before about an ongoing clutch issue with my New Holland TS6020. The tractor has been in the shop for six months total and split five times in 220 hours of use. No amount of new parts has helped. After no answers from CNH my dealer replaced the clutch cable with a solid rod off an open station tractor. The clutch works fine now but the rod transmits a lot of noise up into the cab when the pedal is depressed, and the new clutch pedal doesn't line up with the old pedal stops so the pedal hits the throttle shaft and the cowl. I don't feel that I should have to put up with this on a new tractor. Although I got nowhere the first time I called the CNH customer support number, I figured I'd try it again and see if they could consider a new cable design since my dealer's efforts proved that the cable is at fault. I just got a call back from CNH customer support with an offer to give me a new revised cable if one is ever introduced, (no promises) for up to a whole year! I'm not one to air my grudges, but this is the last straw for me. They should be investigating a new cable design, and instead I get a basically useless promise that lasts a year. Although I am a STO we have owned Ford New Holland equipment pretty much exclusively for the past 40 years - five new tractors, three new balers, three new Haybines/Discbines, two new rakes, and several used pieces. We've had great luck with it all until now. I won't be making that mistake again - plenty of other colors out there. It isn't fair to my local dealer though who really tried to get this all resolved. I wonder if the old Sperry or Ford New Holland would have treated me this poorly.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)