AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

if a land owner calls....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

4 row cattle
Posted 11/28/2013 01:05 (#3475582)
Subject: if a land owner calls....

Northern Alabama
...and after asking about my family, and my crop....he wants to talks about what the market is doing , and then he wants to talks about the weather , and we have a casual conversation for maybe 10 minutes, and then he says "I would like for you to farm my place..." So I sit there for a few seconds, and I don't really know what to say... It's not a lot of ground... Its a couple of 80 acre tracts, that are productive, and flat, and he said his sister would probably want me to work her 80 too...so its 240 acres that are about 2 miles from our farm. O.K. now the hard part, I have known the guy, that has been renting these farms for a very long time, and he his a really good guy. I did not call the land owner and offer more rent ! Can someone give me some advice on this? What would you do? I don't have time to go there, but I'm pretty sure it will be talked about at the local café, because the tenant goes there for lunch. I told him I would let him know something after Thanksgiving. Am I going to be an A--hole if I rent this farm? or just business? Anybody been in my position? What about you older farmers?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)