AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on wife's cancer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

L SEIA
Posted 10/29/2013 20:21 (#3411583)
Subject: Update on wife's cancer

south east iowa
It has been a long time since I have had a moment to post on my wife's cancer. Since my last update here she has had 37 chemo doses. Chemo has really taken a toll on her body. Nausea is her biggest side effect. She continually has fought dehydration. She has also needed blood transfusions and shots to keep her white count up. It has been a long grueling 2 months. On the plus side, is expected to have surgery for her ovarian cancer in late November. A full hysterectomy. On the down side, her doctors are not sure how much cancer is in her organs next to the original tumor. All of this will be made more clear after surgery. She will have more chemo as soon as she is able after her surgery.

My neighbors helped me get my soybeans harvested and I was able to do the corn myself. I have learned to never take family, friends and neighbors for granted again. So many people have offered so many kind acts to myself, wife and teenage son since our journey began. I tell people I will always be in debt to them for their help, but it is a debt I hope I never have to repay to them!

Even on the ugliest days we still can find little bits sunshine. No matter the outcome, we have been blessed by God.

My thanks to all of my friends on ag-talk that pray for us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)