AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me with starter problem on 06 Duramax
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

69zfarmer
Posted 3/5/2013 15:22 (#2943943)
Subject: Help me with starter problem on 06 Duramax

North Central Alabama
I am having problems with my electrical starting system on my 06 3500 Duramax.The truck only has 60,000 miles on it.I have had it a couple of years now and have only put about 12,000 miles on it.A couple of months ago i put 2 new batteries in it because it was giving me starting problems.This is a no turning over cranking problem.Yesterday it would not start when i shut it off at the barn and i had to pull it home with the tractor.The selonid on top of the starter clicks but the starter motor will not enguage.
I charged the batteries for a couple of hours but they did not need charging.I am 99.9% sure they are not the problem.I have a Milton battery checker and they tested ok.This morning i done the battery voltage drop test to rule out bad connections.I did not have a voltage drop on the + or - side.
I pulled RF tire and plastic inner fender where i could see the starter and then i used a large screwdriver to jump between hot all the time battery wire to wire going into starter motor and only got a little spark but no turning of the starter motor.Please reassure me it is the starter because it looks like a bear to remove and replace.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)