AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All liquid fert program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tr70
Posted 12/3/2012 19:03 (#2731070)
Subject: All liquid fert program

My scenerio is this - I have low testing p & K - my traditional program has been to use a starter along with trying to slowly build test levels by applying higher rates. After this year I'm becoming more convinced in the placement of the nutrients and how theyre getting tied up in the soils. So I'm seriously looking at doing some changes to my operation -- that is banding all my P&K needs - still use starter but try to overload the soil tie up. I really believe the low k levels cost me 15 bpa this year. I have a dealer that sells liquid fert -- not LIQUID - but the suspension ferts. I used to work for them right out of college. I know that theres alot of volume involved - but it would be easy to regulate vs the cost of an air cart that I cannot justify on my acres. Has anybody banded these suspension grades - will they settle out - or can you keep them suspended with adjetation. My reason for looking this way is I can build/get equipment easily (pump hoses - all relatively cheap) - and the nutrient cost is very similar to dry npk. I'd love a custom guy to come in but theres not many out there cause of all the livestock. In a scenerio like this I could put my nutrients down in a band and follow back with the planter -- kinda doing a spring strip till. I'm not really after the strip till aspect as much as the banding aspect -- I have no plan to reduce rates -- I'd just like to get the best bang for the buck. The air carts would be ideal but theyre so expensive. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)