AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Same old story "If it sounds to good to be true
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 11/27/2012 06:36 (#2718939)
Subject: Same old story "If it sounds to good to be true

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
It usually isn't". Surfing Craigslist over the weekend & came acroos 4 tractor tires supposed to be 50% rubber @ $100 a piece. I called the guy asked him about them & specifically asked him if they had any cracks or stubble damage. He said no they were in good shape & had at least 50-60 % tread left. Only bad thing I didn't like were he said they were Titans which was a big red flag but figured what the heck for $100 vs. close to $1,700 for a new one would be at least the drive to look at them.

Luckily I only had to drive less then 30 miles to look them. I drove to the guys place & parked 25' from the tires & could see a 6" to 8"sidewall split from sitting in my seat. I knew as soon as I looked them the guy way over rated them. I walked up looked at them for less then 10 seconds tops & could see all four had sidwalls cracks, boots inside under the splits & lots of stubble damage & might of had 30% tread left.

I just politely told the farmer they weren't what I was looking for. I really felt like telling him what I thinking but didn't. I won't on here either but I think you get my drift. It's the same old story " If it sounds to good to be true, it usually isn't". You would think at my age I would've known better :-).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)