AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Solar fencer vs. plug-in? Need opinions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

17821x
Posted 11/19/2012 06:44 (#2705441)
Subject: Solar fencer vs. plug-in? Need opinions.

NE Iowa
I own a small pasture that is connected to another small pasture that I rent. Barb-wire fence all around. Have used a $110 cheap solar fencer to divide the pasture in a few places with a single wire. Amazingly they have respected the wire except for a few calves going under. There is a section of the boundary fence that is only 4 strand and not very tight and no wood posts. This has not been a problem for the last 8 years or so but next year the neighbor will have corn right up to the fence for the first time. This is the neighbors half of the fence and on the part that I rent so I don't own either side. Thinking of adding a hot wire on standoffs along this fence. My options are get a more powerful solar fencer. Or there is a house near by that I'm friendly with the owner. I used to own the house and sold it off with 6 acres. He rents me back his 3 acre field and I have a hydrant off of his well for water (if the spring ever dries up). I pay him $150 a year for access to the water. Should I ask if I could install a regular 110V charger in his empty outbuilding that is only about 50' from my fence. I was thinking of offering him $10 a month for powering my charger. Or do I just get a really good solar and avoid the hassle with the neighbor? Are there any solar chargers that are as powerful as the 110 plug in kind? Thanks.

Edited by 17821x 11/19/2012 06:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)