AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven smartsteer problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

J.L.
Posted 11/11/2012 19:29 (#2691583)
Subject: Raven smartsteer problems

Iowa
I have a raven cruizer ver. 2.2.0 and a smartsteer ver. 5.3.0 in the fall tillage tractor with 150 hrs. of run time. First thing every morning on the first pass of the day it would do a terrible job of holding the line. I would power everything down and restart to find sometimes it would seem to help and and other times not at all. Now everytime as the day went on it would get better for the most part but would intermitantly do a poor job of holding the line after working great for a couple of hours. I suspected a voltage problem, so I removed the toggle switch I had wired in and went directly to the batteries with both power leads for the smartsteer. This didn't help. The charging system is working w/12.5 to 13.5 volts at the battery all the time. Today, I took the MDU apart (warrenty is up) and watched the internal parts as I used the manual steering in the diagnostics screen. Upon start up the little motor would respond to the steering commands sometimes and other times not. When it would not respond, the motor would make a click but wouldn't turn. As I sat there and played with it, it seemed to get better and work perfectly after a few minutes. I shut it off for a couple hours and tried it again. Same thing, It wasn't consistant at all at first and then would respond to every command a few minutes later. There is no loss of motion from the motor to the gear when it acts up. The motor just doesn't turn at all. I'm going to call raven in the morning, but was curious to see if anyone has run into this before. Thanks

Edited by J.L. 11/11/2012 19:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)