AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Veterans Day (Part 2)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dave Cen.Ia
Posted 11/11/2012 16:48 (#2691264)
Subject: Veterans Day (Part 2)

Nevada, Iowa
Yesterday my wife, Vicki, and group of area quilters presented quilts to a group of local Veterans here in our home town. The quilts were a product of an area Quilts Of Valor workshop that Vicki was a part of orchestrating in June of this year. Quilts Of Valor are often sent to a regional base and then distributed to wounded soldiers. Occasionally they are distributed locally and that is what the ladies decided to do this year. You can learn more about QOV foundation here - http://www.qovf.org/. There was a very nice presentation yesterday followed by some picture taking and refreshments. I guess I am more than a little biased in this but it was a moving experience for me. The first pic is of most of the recipients (some could not be present due to hospitalization and or distance conflicts) the second is of most of the ladies responsible for the quilt work (again, not everyone could make it). In the second pic, Vicki is the third from the left. She is blonde but she has it together better than me (most of the time). :) Nice work Ladies!

Edited by Dave Cen.Ia 11/11/2012 22:21

(QOVpresentation2.jpg)

(QOVpresentation1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments QOVpresentation2.jpg (76KB - 43 downloads)
Attachments QOVpresentation1.jpg (60KB - 54 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)