AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Veterans Day....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iluvafarmer
Posted 11/11/2012 10:16 (#2690520)
Subject: Veterans Day....

Eastern Nebraska

I know that I posted this in Cafe Talk also but I wanted everyone to konw and there are some who may not read there.... If you have read once thank you for taking a minute to think about our veterans and for your patience in a repeat post... 
 Today is Veterans Day though as a country we will recognize it tomorrow to honor those who serve and have served this country.... Do not forget that it is these men and women who have fought quietly and without question for those freedoms that some take for granted.... They have fought to protect your freedom to run your government down on social media... your freedom to object publicly to our country being in wars... your freedom to complain without ceasing at times about schools and other issues that do not suit your fancy.... Yes it is the veterans active, retired and on stand by like the National Guard and the Reserves that allow us to do all of these things... They defend our freedoms and rights in this country voluntarily... The sacrifice much that many do not even realize... They volunteer for this because of the pride they have in their country and the desire they have to defend these freedoms... I was a very lucky child and grew up the d

aughter of an Air Force man... I was given an education that many will never know because of this.... I also knew that every day that my dad could and did end up in war and that the reality of that was that one day he might not come home... He never once complained ... He simply quietly and with pride did his job to defend you rights... I love you dad and thank you for that.... I love my daughter Elizabeth and her boyfriend Jason Guerrisky for serving now in the Air Force and doing so with pride... My brother-in-law Scott who has given much of his time away from his family to do his job with pride and a joyful heart.... I thank his wife Nancy my sister for the years that she served in the Air Force... Thank you Jed Robins for serving in the Army to defend... For the two tours of duty that you have done and the sacrifices that you have made....Thank you Chris Britton for joining the Air Force to serve ... May yoiu have many good memories and enjoy your years... Thank you to all those families and friends who have been there through all the good times and the bad times loving these people and understanding that what they do they do with pride and love for this country and their fellow... Thank you veterans...
Betsy 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)