AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Four Years Ago....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ilikemysteak
Posted 11/7/2012 21:17 (#2684833)
Subject: Four Years Ago....

Baden, Ontario

Just thought I would jot down a little piece of our family's story as encouragement to anyone out there that is facing health issues especially with a child or any one who has had their trust in God shaken.

Four years ago last week our 3rd son was born, healthy and strong and ready to face the world. To make a very long story short at about 9 days of age we caught on that something was going drastically wrong and getting worse by the minute with our little son. We rushed him to Emerg. where they stabilized him and then shipped him off to another hospital that has a Pediatric ICU where they started treating him for heart failure. After about 24-36 hrs here they transfered him again to one of the best hospitals in our area which is a childrens hospital. At this point he had about 9 IV pumps on him and the doctors were still puzzled at to what was happening, they only new that his heart was becoming enlarged and jeoprodizing his other organs. The hospital prepared us for the worsed but they wanted to try a few things. They told us he is probably not going to survive and if he does he WILL need a heart transplant. The decision was made to put him on ECMO (a heart bypass machine) just to buy us a little time in hopes they could find out what was causing this and maybe they could treat him. After much blood work they diagnosed him with viral myocarditis. At about this time they started to see effective heart funtion on the monitor and after about a week on ECMO they started to wean him off of the machine to find that his own heart was wanting to work!  After  around 2 weeks in the hospital we were discharged with a very fragile little boy (who looked so bad I still can hardly look at pictures of him during that time) but a boy who was fighting to get better. There has been numerous trips back and forth to the hospital for checkups and the occasional short stay there to adjust or change medications but he steadily became stronger and healthier.

This summer we were back for a routine checkup and they told us as far as they can see his heart is back to normal. He does have a hole in his heart as a result of a procedure at the hospital that will have to be fixed sometime but it is not bothering him. We are humbled as parents to have a child that was as sick as he was and then nothing short of a miracle was given another chance at life. As I write this he is playing  here, the only evidence is some scars from the many IV's and ECMO.

I don't write this to bring any attention to myself or our family but rather to the Great Physician who is still working miracles today. If you are facing sickness or discouragement or whatever, turn it over to the One who is in control for "His grace is Sufficient"

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)