AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

beef or chicken???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

runningihred
Posted 3/19/2012 02:13 (#2294796)
Subject: beef or chicken???

west central iowa
Sunday afternoon, my family and i went to my inlaws for supper. They wanted to grille because of the nice weather we were having. They called all the family to bring something over to grille, they would provide the sides. So after chores we went into town. I brought along some BIG T-BONES to grille out of the freezer. They are my favorite! Now here is were it gets interesting. The rest of them are not cattle feeders. They all work in town and are low to medium income families. Not one other person brought along beef. It was all chicken and 1 other person brought thin boneless pork chops from walmart. I couldn't believe it. I asked them all "Where's the BEEF"? All my family members said that beef was to expensive so they bought the chicken. They would take some beef from me if I had extra, both off my plate and out of my freezer. So what does this little experience tell me??? They want to eat beef, but right now they are settling for chicken because of the cost. How can the fat cattle market continue to go up?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)