AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Startup Problems with EZ-Guide 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/9/2007 21:04 (#133642)
Subject: Startup Problems with EZ-Guide 500

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I received my EZ-Guide 500 a while back and installed it in a 8310 with Autopilot. The EZ-Guide gets its power and GPS through the Autopilot via the Trimble cable.

At times, the EZ-Guide 500 refuses to come to life. The Nav II controller is getting power as evidenced by the Flashing Green LED in its harness. The EZ-Guide 500 must be getting power as the keypad connected to it lights up as expected.

I have tried starting the tractor first thinking that low voltage may be the problem. This doesn't seem to help. If I turn the power ON/OFF several times through the toggle switch that I use, I can usually get the EZ-Guide 500 to startup.

It seems that once it has started up, I can then turn it OFF and back ON with good results. I have tried using the lighter plug without being connected to the Autopilot harness with the same result.

It's almost as if the unit needs to be "awakened" and then it is fine after that. I suspect I have some type of a defect in my 500 but I am open to any suggestions given the fact that it will be difficult to get a replacement quickly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)