AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"technology" in schools my rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 11/2/2010 21:33 (#1419233)
Subject: "technology" in schools my rant

Lubbock, Texas
I just got off the radio call in show where even the conservatives around here wondering why the school bond issue might not pass

I voted for the stupid thing because I know the buildings need work and now is the time to do it and there was no tax increase in the package (well they say no tax increase)

I am also looking and seeing a school bond election on a "well to do" district down near Houston is looking like it will go down as well

I am pretty sure the reason is because so much of the money is what many of the old timers, poor, and under educated around here see as "frills" and I personally believe that frill is mainly "technology"

here is my rant......USING A DAMN COMPUTER IS NOT A SKILL........IT IS NO MORE A SKILL THAN USING THE TV REMOTE OR SETTING THE DAMN BETAMAX OR DVR

COMPUTERS DON'T TEACH.......computers placate....if computers could "teach" we would have all been "learning" from the damn picture box years ago or from film strips (when they were not melting in the projector)

COMPUTERS CAN'T THINK......THEY NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL.....PERIOD......COMPUTERS HAVE A PATTERN OF BEHAVIOR.....THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THIS

you are WASTING MONEY ON COMPUTERS FOR STUDENTS YOUNGER THAN HIGH SCHOOL

IF YOU CAN'T READ, DO "maff" (much less pronounce math), CAN'T MAKE CHANGE, CAN'T WRITE, CAN'T COMMUNICATE, HAVE ZERO INTERPERSONAL SKILLS, AND CAN'T SIT STILL FOR LONGER THAN 5 MINUTES......UNLESS YOU ARE A TOP COMPUTER PROGRAMMER.......YOU ARE USELESS.......and schools today don't produce top computer programmers........because they can't even produce a majority of kids that can read, write, or do basic math.......because they stopped teaching, they stopped swatting that ass, and they stopped making kids LEARN SOMETHING.......and now they think wasting tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on software and PCs will somehow make ADD, ridilin filled, morons smart

computers are great, knowing how to use one has a benefit.......BUT ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE A DAMN CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE IN LIFE MUCH LESS EDUCATION WISE

I say this to get it off my chest and also for all those on school boards.......next time some clown is trying to waste thousands if not hundreds of thousands on "technology" to "make sure your students can keep up" ask them nicely how the hell that a fool with a mush mouth, his pants hanging below his ass, that can't read or write, or do basic math will have any benefit from sitting in front of a computer that it will probably damage along the way while it waste time or "axe" up in class because it has become bored staring at a screen and getting regurgitated back to by a PC.....while staying as stupid as the day it was spawned on society

schools today would benefit their students a lot more by buying in a load of 3/4" marine plywood, cutting it out in the shape of paddles, drilling a bunch of holes in the blade, and writing .5 X.5 = .25 on it and lining the students up and "learning" it to them with that paddle than they will with another load of stupid PCs loaded up with "educational" software
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)