AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Injection pump issue on MX255
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 1/25/2010 13:49 (#1040600)
Subject: Injection pump issue on MX255

Soutwest Ks.

I posted on a thread Sat. that I had a 2003 MX255 with CAPS system that quit running in the middle of a field.  I had just installed a TS chip and probably ran it a total of 20 min. before the pump quit.  I didn't even try the chip in the field as I had it turned off.  Dealer picked up tractor this morning and hopefully I'll have it back sometime today.  I took TS chip off.  My question would be Do you think the chip caused the problem or was it a pump just waiting to blow?  I am still within the 30 money back guarantee period, should I send the chip back, get my money and forget about it or just assume that I had a bad pump that was looking for an excuse to go bad?  I hardly have the courage at this point to re-install chip if their is any potential to repeat what I'm going through, but if I wait another month or so and try it and would be unhappy, I would be out of money back guarantee and so I will own it whether I like it or not.  Any advice?  Much thanks for those who offered expertise in diagnosing my problem! If I do use the chip I will be cautious with the power curve, pull the same implement, hoping to gain fuel economy and possibly a slight bump in power.  I sold a rather salty 7240 and purchased this MX255 and so far have not been impressed with power or fuel economy.  But the comfort, ahhhhhh yes!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)