AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for advice on software programs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ben NCIA
Posted 1/17/2007 14:54 (#89954)
Subject: Looking for advice on software programs

I amlooking for a program that I can track all of the field operations that happen on my farms. I would like to track hybrids planted, herbicide application, soil sampling/soil fertility, and bring in yield data from my Agleader Insight. I would also like to be able to do some simple analysis, such as yield by hybrid or yield by soil types. I may use the Insight in one planter, but will need to use a PDA or something similar in another as we do not have two insights. We do not plan on financial record keeping at this time, but may move to financial integration in the future.

I noticed SMS is releasing a mobile software now as well. We feel we have narrowed it down to either SMS Advanced w/mobile PC, or Farmworks with SiteMate/TracMate. We also looked at Mapshots EasySuite, but have somewhat ruled it out because they don't have a GPS capable mobile logging program that is integrated with their desktop software. We have many fields, so we are wanting something that is efficient to transfer to/from desktop.

What are anybody's thoughts or opinions? I am not biased to any, just want the best solution for our operation. Seems that once we pick one, it will be hard to go back to something else down the road.

Ben
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)