AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DTN Printing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

schwinnj
Posted 4/17/2006 20:00 (#5958)
Subject: DTN Printing

Northwest Ohio
Got a question. Currently using a standard DTN system, printing to a standard (cheap) HP Deskjet thru a standard parallel cable. This printer is only used for the DTN, and does not have a USB port. The DTN does not have a USB port either.

Recently added a wireless network to the house, and am able to surf the net wirelessly, as well as print wirelessly to my second (better main) printer. This is all done via 802.11b/g network equipment and the like (I didn't do all the details of setting the system up .... let a local networking company set it up since they knew what they were doing). I guess my question is whether it's possible to print from the DTN directly to my main (good) printer wirelessly ... and do away with the old cheap printer (1 cartridge costs me as much as the cheap printer did). Didn't know if there's some type of wireless adapter to take a non-USB device (like the DTN), and transmit a wireless signal to my printer (which is hooked up to a USB print server). I would think the fact that the DTN receiver has no USB ports is what's hurting me on doing this ... didn't know if anyone else could help shed some light on this or not. Thanks for any replies.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)