AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Win 10 install disks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 11/7/2022 11:59 (#9920248)
Subject: Need Win 10 install disks

East central Iowa

My laptop with Windows 10 has always had problems.  Then recently the disk started acting weird and I was so tired of it taking forever to boot and update that I decided to upgrade the memory and go to an SSD.

I've done this many times over the last 40 years but I when I tried to backup the drive using Acronis it had problems.  I did all the usual stuff, defrag, disk scan etc.  Check for virus.

Then I cloned the drive to the new SSD and it still couldn't read some sectors but I decided to ignore and clone what I could.

Now it want's to repair but can't.  I tried using the former HD and it won't boot, it wants to repair too.

So, I need a Windows 10 installation CD/DVD but in the past eBay has had them and now seems to only have "repair" disks.  I really don't want to spend over $100 for a Windows 10 CD from Amazon (or anywhere else). 

I'm about ready to just install Linux  and call it good.  All I use this for now is browsing the Internet and a sometimes some photo editing or YouTubing.  The problem is I use it to cast to our TV and I don't think Linux will do that.

Suggestions from experience would be helpful.  This is an HP laptop Model 15-ab247cl

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)