AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How long can a pig swim ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

redoak
Posted 9/22/2022 07:21 (#9855455)
Subject: How long can a pig swim ?

sw ontario
Have to feel sorry for guys who just cash crop, they miss the fun and adventures.
#1 I am old so maybe young guys are faster/smarter.
Local abattoir wanted some 55# dressed pigs for bbq customer so weighing some looking for 70-75# live wt. pigs. One gets out of barn ...corn on all sides...pig gone
So I lock barns and turn light on in feed room as maybe he will come back inside.
So after supper ship little pigs to abattoir and, omg, one runs out under trailer, so chase him in dark for 1/2 hr. and do wheelbarrow walk with him inside.
11 pm. last night wife says go check for pig, no can do I am wore out.
So go to the barn this morning, no pig....So drive around barn to check , Ian the manure dragline guy is coming today to spread so covers off pump out and pump is in.
So for you pig guys you can guess who is swimming in pump out. Well,old guy ,10' deep pit,swimming pig....what could go wrong.
Pits 8" from top so grab him by the ears and pull him out....At least he is tired and didn't run away. Walked him into feed room and went home from bacon & eggs.
My late Father was so right when he would say 'There is a surprise every morning when you go to the barn, and its usually not a good one'
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)