AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autel Evo Lost and Found
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Bennachie
Posted 8/6/2022 08:27 (#9782928)
Subject: Autel Evo Lost and Found

SW Nebraska Panhandle

I lost control of an Autel Evo last June.  I think I let it go too far out of range and it quit responding to controls.  Looked for it but was never able to locate it and finally I ended up calling it quits and bought a new drone (and tracker).  Yesterday I was running a field cultivator in a field that was planted to wheat last year when I suddenly saw a bright orange object.  I stopped the tractor with the tracks just touching the drone.  Picked it up, checked the battery status and was surprised when it lit up(of course it indicated a low battery).  Cleaned it up, shook dirt out of the rotor bearings and gave it a try with a good battery.  It started up and flew perfectly and everything worked including the camera.  That drone laid there in rain, snow (over a foot of snow once this spring), endured sub-zero temps, triple digit heat, etc etc.  I would not have bet a nickel it would still work.

The orange has faded somewhat and the gray parts have turned a gold color.  Not sure what it says for quality of an Autel drone but the ability to withstand severe environmental conditions is truly remarkable.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)