AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Multitool?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cooperator
Posted 5/14/2022 10:28 (#9660055)
Subject: Best Multitool?

Central Alberta
My first one came about when someone at work asked me if I had a pair of pliers on me. I didn't, but I recalled that back in the 80s, I carried a Leatherman PST and found it quite useful. But it was long gone, so I went out and bought a new Skeletool, and started wearing it a lot. Eventually, I found it a bit too limiting, so I bought a Wave, and then upgraded to a Charge, which I thought was going to be the ultimate. I loaded up the case with extra bits and a flashlight, and eventually I got tired of the extra weight and the constant worry of losing it or damaging it.

Over the next few years, I started carrying all types, the Juice was good for awhile, but I kept losing them because they didn't have a good carrying case. Despite their lighter weight, they are a bit too small for every day use. I considered going back to the Skeletool. The Surge was a mighty beast that did almost everything, but I never got used to the extra weight. Tried several SwissTools, but I never liked using them much. The SOG, and the Schrade are OK, but they just don't seem as good as the Leathermans to me. I tried a few oddball brands, like the Buck X-Tract, but it just wasn't good for much. I carry several keychain tools, but never without a full-sized multitool as well. I rarely if ever seem to use the keychain tools.

I guess the constant dilemma is weight vs utility. It's usually a tradeoff between the two, but the Skeletool comes closest in my opinion. I'd still like to see an updated model, a little bigger and with a few more tools.

Edited by Cooperator 5/14/2022 10:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)