AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

800 years ago the the head herdsman had to sleep with the herds of dairy and sheep
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

archie63
Posted 1/12/2022 06:12 (#9435116)
Subject: 800 years ago the the head herdsman had to sleep with the herds of dairy and sheep

Barry County, MI
mostly 24 hrs of watching this was on the estates the women took care of the milk and chickens they made the butter cheeses and it took 8 uwes to make as much milk as one cow . they used oxen for plowing and working ground . Sant sharpes a friend of mine born 130 years ago on schosh hill worked his ground the same way these people did in 1300s he used hawthorn tree to move the earth . the oxen were a lot easier to winter than horses They got %80 of milk when they had good grass. In the winter or somewhat dormant time the remaining %20 of milk was valuable and there was a market evidently for it, Just some things I read on that Cornell university library website archie He taught me some things when I was a young buck how to hoe field corn . If you hit your hoe against his hoe , you would probably hoe corn together again next .year. and in june if you can step on your head shadow real easy it 12 oclock or high noon earth time basically sun is directly over your head. It time to eat dinner archie

Edited by archie63 1/12/2022 06:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)