AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Installing new eero unit soon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/11/2022 09:01 (#9433326)
Subject: Installing new eero unit soon

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Based on advice here, I ordered and should be receiving my new eero router this Wednesday. Right or wrong I ordered the package that includes two extenders. My fear is removing my old Trend router and installing the new one, only to find it doesn't work and then not being able to use the old one again. Anything I should "save" or write down in case the process goes South and I want to go back to my current Trend unit?

Currently the Trend is hard wired into the Win 10 Home Ed computer in the office. This generally works well for that wired computer. I have weak coverage in the basement and far end of the house that I'm trying to improve. Hopefully I can place one extender directly below the base unit in the basement and the other towards the other end of the house. Any other tips I should be aware of? I guess this is a WiFi 6 system which I doubt that I have. I thought I read that this will not be a problem and that the system will "back off" to the level that I have??

Hopefully the documentation will guide me through this. I've gotten "gun shy" on various projects since the documentation seems to expect a fair amount of familiarity with the situation.

Edited by tedbear 1/11/2022 09:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)