AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who will look after you when you can't look after yourself?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

redoak
Posted 1/8/2022 07:07 (#9426873)
Subject: Who will look after you when you can't look after yourself?

sw ontario
From the van post below and ones I know there seems to be more than a few 'family' members who resents being care givers to there parents/grandparents.
I know from experience as a child having a grandparent living with you isn't the best . Wife and I have 3 elderly parents + grandchildren and at times its a job/pain but we try to do the best we can and other siblings help out . Then there are ones who head south and just tell us 'you deal with xxx' . My wife is very dedicated (35 yrs. nursing) and not just our families but others tell us 'put them in a home and make sure there assets can't be garnished'.....I don't think the generation in there '90's now would want or expect soceity to 'pay there bills' if they have the financial needs to look after themselves.
Its not like the Walton's anymore sitting around fireplace with grandchildren/family so I really have no idea if kids will look after us when we can't look after ourselves or not. With one parent in LTC (dementia) for just about 12 years its pretty depressing seeing so many there who onlu have a vistor at Christmas or Easter and maybe a birthday. And even worse now with outbreaks of covid again .
What plans do most have for care later on?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)