AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mother in law vehicle ownership question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

NoTill1825
Posted 1/5/2022 09:21 (#9420041)
Subject: Mother in law vehicle ownership question

NC Indiana
My MIL has a 2015 Dodge Caravan, it's her lone asset of much value. She's still making payments on it ($3-4K owed last I checked), and paying $900/yr for full coverage - KKB says $13-15K value. She hasn't driven in 2 yrs, and her license is expired now and we're not sure if she's going to renew it or just get a state issued ID. We use the van to haul her to doctor appointments as she can't climb into an suv and everything else we have is a 4x4 truck - we had an Arcadia for 11 months to long. We're not sure how much longer she'll be able to live alone-she's been in the hospital since Christmas Eve this go round- , but would still like to have the van to haul her if necessary. Should we be looking to transfer ownership of the van or will it be ok as it is if she goes into a facility or should we be looking a different direction here? With my grandparents, their vehicles were already sold by this point in time and other family had cars to haul them so this is new territory for us. - Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)