AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cheese crisps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/4/2022 20:23 (#9419305)
Subject: Cheese crisps

Pittsburg, Kansas

At Aldi's grocery store they have a crispy cheese snack they call Cheese Crisps. It is a fairly small package with not a lot of contents for three or four dollars. My wife loves them although she never bought them a lot because of the cost. Not that she can't afford it, she is just funny that way. After years and years of scrimping and saving all we could to invest in the farm it is kind of an ingrained  habit.

Since we are low carb we no longer eat things like crackers so when we have Mexican flavor pork soup like tonight we kind of miss something crunchy. Our closest thing to crackers is pork rinds.

She got me to liking these cheese crisps too so she got to wondering if she could make some. Best we can tell by the cost of the cheese (totally depending on what cheese she uses) we can make them for about half price of what the small snack bags cost. The ones that turned out crispy most similar to the bought ones was the aged white cheddar. The yellow cheddar and jalapeno pepper jack cheese did not turn out exactly crispy but it dried it out and both were very good in their own right. They went well with the shredded pork soup.

Pictures below. Place sliced and cut to size cheese in the oven on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Have to watch them closely as they can be under done or over done fairly quickly. Something different. I like them.

Edited by John Burns 1/4/2022 20:28

(20220104_193304[1] (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20220104_193304[1] (full).jpg (97KB - 271 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)