AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7088 vs 9760-9770?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon
Posted 11/25/2021 19:44 (#9341704)
Subject: 7088 vs 9760-9770?

Callao Missouri
Going to have to upgrade one machine to something with more soybean capacity. Currently running 2 2188's in beans pushing Deere 630f heads. I like the combination from a cost perspective.

Corn is irrelevant in my decision, I'm only concerned about increasing soybean capacity.

How do these combines rank with each other. There won't be enough ketchup in a Hinze 57 bottle to make the crow palatable if I switch to a green one.

The green cabs are small compared to the red, I very much dislike the green hydro handle.
I'm very nervous about owning a high horsepower Deere engine. I haven't had much luck with Deere stuff.

I'm scared of the flagship case combine, too much hydraulic things to go wrong. Very thin in the skin everywhere the grain goes.

Looks like the 7088 might be best for me, familiar cab, and threshing design. 100+ hp upgrade. Heavier front axle and feeder faceplate. Bigger capacity rotor drive belt.

I happen to have a lead on a 9760 that the owners threw their hands in the air and gave up on in season. It needs a complete rebuild from front to back. That's honestly how I like to buy things anyway.
Thinking a 35' macdon for a head on either one.
Combines I'm looking at will probably have 3000+ engine hours on them before I get interested price wise. Oldest 2188 turned over 7000 the other day so looking for a machine to last another 4000 hrs or so. Do all wrenching myself.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)