AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If things go bad...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Supa Dexta
Posted 10/14/2021 06:17 (#9267994)
Subject: If things go bad...

NS Canada
Like real bad, next great depression type scenario how long can you cope? I'd be turned upside down inside a month if I'm going to be honest with myself. The biggest hurdle would be diesel, If I can't get it - I can't farm for long at current levels.

Next biggest thing I think would be silage plastic (Not that I can make much feed if I don't have the diesel) But I can't make much of my feed the way I'm setup to, without the plastic.

Part supply will also wreak havoc on keeping things running.

Seed - I can get by a few years without if I have to. I can grow enough food, hunt and gather enough to get by, not that it would be much fun.

Now of course you can downsize and ship the cows and kick the can down the road waiting for normal to return, but if everyone is doing the same that won't be too fun either.

And if things get REAL bad how much trouble do you think you'd have with poachers stealing your cattle.. Can't watch em 24/7 unless you live with em.

I have a nagging suspicion we may have to find answers to some of these questions in the coming years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)