AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Computer help from you experts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 10/15/2021 16:33 (#9270690)
Subject: New Computer help from you experts

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

I only ever come on this page when I'm needing something...................kinda like some folk's relatives, I guess. I would be happy to help answer questions, if I had any knowledge, so I just come here...hat-in-hand.

My 93 yo mother is on her 4th computer, self-taught, and she's a force. But her old CPU won't connect to the new wireless router in her new apartment. Every other device we've brought in connects in an instant, so we're pretty confident that it's the age of her computer that's tripping her up.  It's still running Windows 7, so it's had some birthdays.

Here's the question. She's decided she wants a new one.  All she does is cruise Facebook, AgTalk, a couple or five newspapers, and email, so she doesn't need a $3k gamer's machine. She needs internet access, email, and solitaire.  She has a 23" monitor and prefers an ergonomic keyboard which she has one that is nearly new. She is very visually impaired, so the big monitor needs to stay. It needs to be bullet proof, as she is the poster child for clicking every link that shows up in a FB ad.

What's her best bet for a new computer????

Thank you all!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)