AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White 9816 opening discs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cat33
Posted 10/13/2021 22:34 (#9267802)
Subject: White 9816 opening discs

NE SD
Bought a 2014 9816 after planting this spring that I’ve been tinkering off and on with in my spare time. 9k acres on it, so small things here and there need replaced. My question is whether or not there were multiple size openers. Had a couple of dust caps that were missing, and a rough bearing needing replaced. Being the cheap person I am, I just wanted to replace the bearing instead of the whole assembly. Not much wear and it’s easy enough. So I go to the dealer tell a parts guy what I need (it took some convincing that I could replace the bearing without getting the whole blade assembly). So I get a bag full of stuff, get home and the bearing is some lightweight little thing, and the dust caps were way too small. I stop in when I’m back in town and say they gave me the wrong thing. Guy is adamant that it’s right. I plop the outer hub the dust cap fits in to, drop the small one in the hole and ask what I’m supposed to do with this then. Guy is utterly confused and says well the parts book says it’s this. I say obviously it’s not.

I vaguely recall the salesman saying that was the first year they switched to a heavier duty row unit setup. So my question is, is the parts guy just incompetent, or was there a year in there where they switched parts , or did the previous owner somehow put some off breed thing on.

I think that rambling post kind of explains it lol.

*edit*. The dust cap I need is 1.5”, what he gave me was like 1.375”

Edited by Cat33 10/13/2021 22:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)