AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you were diagnosed with terminal cancer would you try an unapproved treatment?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OneEyedCat
Posted 10/13/2021 12:24 (#9266762)
Subject: If you were diagnosed with terminal cancer would you try an unapproved treatment?

My mom was hospitalized and after a week was told it was her heart, put on meds, and then released. A day or two later she had to be hospitalized again. This time, after all the same tests were done, they said it was because of clots on the brain. A lady doctor told mom out loud, “you don’t have cancer”. That would end up being the same doctor who got mom released prematurely when she was scheduled for surgery the next week. This , from what her OBGYN told us, was why the surgery got delayed for months. He was furious at that lady doctor.

Many months later mom is diagnosed with cancer. They couldn’t do chemo because of another foul up and refusal at a different hospital within the same hospital chain. An Oncologist said that even though the window for chemo and radiation was missed, this type cancer couldn’t be stopped permanently with any known treatment. In the end mom suffered terribly and cancer took her life. I haven’t agonized over the should’ve could’ve because it doesn’t solve anything. But if we had known the possibilities and had a do-over, I would most definitely have tried to get mom to take some alternative treatments. Another family member and myself took care of our mom in her final days. We held her hands during her last breaths.

So if you found yourself in a similar situation with a terminal diagnosis or illness, would you try out an unapproved method to stop it if such options existed? Am meaning beyond prayer and faith alone. I suspect that the answers might differ when a person is actually faced with such a decision.

Edited by OneEyedCat 10/13/2021 13:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)